Monday, February 12, 2018

PEAK RISING STAR TR7 PE PERFORMANCE REVIEW



This will be my performance review of the PEAK Rising Star TR7 PE, the basketball shoes used by a PBA player Terrence Romeo. Before I return playing basketball, Terrence Romeo is one of the player I used to watch. I do admire his ball handling skills, he got my respect. When I return playing basketball again, few months later I decided to buy this model he used in the PBA. I always wonder how it performs and how it feels like.

Image may contain: shoes



Image may contain: shoes

Image may contain: shoes

TRACTION
It was made of traditional herringbone pattern which is commonly used as a traction pattern due to its reliability when it comes to multi-directional floor grip. The grooves are extremely wide and deep which is I really like due to being rugged. The rubber compound used on the outsole are awesome, it was a hard rubber so outdoor used should definitely be ok. The traction grips the floor very well even if in a dusty court, stopping power is really amazing and I do stop really really hard. Although I haven't tried those outdoors but I'm pretty sure it will perform well because I believe this was also made to last outdoors.

I'll rate it 9 out of 10.

Image may contain: shoes

Image may contain: shoes


CUSHION
It was made of standard phylon midsole. However, the phylon midsole used in Rising Star series is way softer than the usual phylon midsole used in Nike basketball shoes which are kinda stiff. It has decent impact protection, first I thought I was having knee pains due to its standard cushion but I realized that I only experience knee pains using these just because I play like almost everyday with no rest day. I tried to play in these in with atleast 1 day gap so that I could figure out if its the shoe that causes my knee pain, luckily its not and it was just a fatigue.

I'll rate it 7.5 out of 10

Image may contain: shoes



MATERIALS
It uses synthetic material to the upper especiall at the toebox, while it uses soft textile material in the medial side. The materials seems to be durable also feels good on feet. I have no complains with the materials even though its just basic, it gets the job done and it doesn't feel cheap when wearing it.

I'll rate it 8 out of 10.

Image may contain: shoes

Image may contain: shoes

FIT
It probably went true to size, I wear size 10 nowadays. It has an amazing overall fit, very comfortable. Thanks to the PEAK's thick and soft insole to all their shoe models, step in comfort is really feels good on feet. I didn't have any problems with it even i'm a wide footer, the reason why I always choose PEAK because their shoe models are wide foot friendly as usual. The main features I love in this shoe is the comfort, it doesn't feel small or bulky on feet. It works perfectly fine on me.

I'll rate it 9 out of 10.
Image may contain: shoes

Image may contain: shoes

Image may contain: one or more people

SUPPORT
You can't expect too much support on a low top basketall shoe. However, the upper materials seems to be very supportive especially in the toe box. Supportive in a way even a heavy player like me won't have any problems. Good thing that the ankle collar is also well padded and my ankles do feel secured even if it is a low top shoe.

I'll rate it 9 out of 10.

No automatic alt text available.

OVERALL
It is a good basketball shoe, nothing fancy, the overall performance it very good. Affordable good performer, not bad for a basketball shoe that cost only P3,290. I would highly recommend this model, not just because Terrence Romeo used it in PBA but because of overall performance based on my experience.

Image may contain: shoes

TRACTION = 9 out of 10
CUSHION = 7.5 out of 10
MATERIALS = 8 out of 10
FIT = 9 out of 10
SUPPORT = 9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment